Health Tip of the Month
We could always eat more vegetables! Need ideas?
- Plan some meals around a vegetable main dish, such as a vegetable stir-fry or soup. Then add other foods to complement it.
- Try a main dish salad for lunch. Go light on the salad dressing.
- Include a green salad with your dinner every night.
- Shred carrots, zucchini, or squash into meatloaf, casseroles, quick breads, and muffins.
- Include chopped vegetables (carrots, onions, mushrooms, bell peppers) in pasta sauce or lasagna.
- Order a veggie pizza with toppings like mushrooms, green peppers, and onions, and ask for extra veggies.